I get just as giddy as the next subscriber when I see the latest F&W or Bon Appetite waving at me in the mailbox… but lately there have been some new surprises added to my magazine stack. I’m not talking about your typical newsstand, heavy bounded food periodicals. I’m talking about independent publications that are quirky, beautiful, full of personality and life! Here are my top 5 underground food fanatic picks you should keep on eye on and support:
1. THREE STARS: One of the most stunning layouts I’ve seen in the food publishing world. Unfortunately this beauty only exists in a conceptual state by Russian designers Daria Goryacheva and Denis Jerebtsov. Here’s hoping that these two continue to collaborate and their vision comes to print!
2. REMEDY QUARTERLY: An adorable collection of food stories, recipes, interviews and all around cheer.
3. PUT AN EGG ON IT: A literary digest of photos, illustrations, recipes and the overall joy of sharing food with friends and family.
4. CONDIMENT: Adventures in food and form. A quirky culinary exploration through photography and words.
5. 3191 QUARTERLY: Two friends living 3191 miles apart collaborate on this lovely zine full of photos, creative projects and recipes.
Powered by Facebook Comments