When faced with holiday weekends we are often faced with traffic, hectic travels and not the least bit of relaxation intended on. Sure paddling out on the lake or taking a hike in the mountains both are perfectly amazing ways to salute the end of summer, but some times just getting there and back requires another holiday to recoup all together. That being said, a stay-cation in your very own home can be the perfect way to celebrate the last of this lingering warm weather.
Let’s clock in a little down time…Let’s do brunch.
I love brunch. I mean seriously, who doesn’t? All those salty and sweet options. Eggs start showing up on pizza. Libations at noon are acceptable. This meal is your oyster ~ Take part and enjoy! Heck, Mr. Bobby Flay has an entire show dedicated to it. His light and easy monarchy spread is the perfect inspiration for today’s low key Labor Day. This ain’t no throw down… Put on your slippers, turn on a jazz record and pour yourself an Earl Grey spritzer…We’re about to get leisurely royal, brunch style.
On The Menu:
- Homemade crumpets with smoked salmon and dill creme fraiche
- Cucumber salad with dill, white wine vinegar and creme fraiche
- Watercress salad with baby heirloom tomatoes
In The Glass:
- Earl grey tea infused cocktail spritzer
Out of the Turntable:
- Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers: Moanin’
- Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
- The Dave Brubeck Quartet: Time Out
Powered by Facebook Comments