We eat a lot of Bánh mì sammies in our house and they always seem to become more of a frequent flyer once the Spring and Summer months push through. Maaayybbeee that has to do with how perfect they are to enjoy in the park or on the beach – just sayin’. This Vietnamese treat is super easy to throw together and never shuts a party down.
In fact.. this sandwich is a party animal (insert: confetti canon).
Tofu, chicken, pickled cauliflower, there are endless limits to creating the perfect fiesta between a sliced baguette – but this particular Bahn Mi recipe is the stead-fast classic guaranteed to get you started off on track.
Here’s to a beautiful weekend layered high with deliciousness.
Recipe: Bánh mì
- French baguette
- Sliced roasted Ham
- Pâté of choice (we use duck with black mushrooms)
- Vegenaise (or mayo)
- Quick pickled julienne carrots & daikon radish
- Sliced jalapeños
- Julienne cucumber
- Sriracha & ground fresh chili paste
- Slice baguette leaving a hinge on one side
- Coat one side with vegenaise and the other with pâté
- Stack away!
Recipe: Quick Pickles
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 TBS sugar
- 2 1/4 TBS salt
- 1 TBS whole black pepper corns
- Combine carrots & daikon in a bowl with mixture and let sit for at least 2 hours – over night even better!
What’s your summer sammie go-to?!
Powered by Facebook Comments